Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Patrol



So i read this forum post on Patrol when using your probe to scout, i never knew this worked!

Battle.net

A lot of games , I notice players microing their scout probe with queued move commands around an opponent's base.

I have found the joys of the shift + patrol command. It basically works the same as the move command, except you press shift + p (for patrol) and you make a loose box, triangle... whatever, and preferably connect your last patrol point the the start of the first one, so there is a "route". I usually prefer an hourglass or a rough box.

This way, I don't have to micro that scout probe as frequently and I can focus more on my macro and responding to the intel I'm getting. The probe will not attack any enemy it encounters while on patrol.

I think you can queue up to 5 or 6 points before it maxes out.


I posted this because I mentioned this in an earlier post in another thread and it seems to have been overlooked.







No comments:

Post a Comment